I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates these days, because my full-time job is unfortunately being a student stuck in the Week 11 turmoil currently.
Well.. For everyone suffering the woes of school like me, and would love an afternoon out to pamper yourself from going through all that crap thrown at you in life, you may want to check this really affordable deal out!
O’Coffee Club has launched a NEW Afternoon Tea Set for TWO served between 2-6pm daily, at just $28++ per set. Each set comes with THREE-TIERS filled with a combination of sweet and savory goodies, as well as your choice of beverage, ranging from O’Coffee Club’s Latte to their selection of gourmet Gryphon teas. Mmhmm.. Now I can finally realize my ambition of being a tai tai. Am I elegant yet?
Do note that each Afternoon Tea Set is fixed with only TWO items of each of the items! In the event of an item being unavailable, O’Coffee Club will replace them with another equally delicious item.
$28++ for this generous serving of food?! NO WAY!
According to the Maslow’s Hierarchy of High Tea, we start with the Bottom Tier: (According to mine, start with a bite of everything that interests you)
- BLT Sandwich: Ciabatta with Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes, with mayo. Simple, yet very yummy!
- Smoked Salmon Sandwich: Open faced toasted focaccia with smoked salmon and honey mustard
- Ham and Cheese Sandwich: Focaccia bread with pork ham, sliced cheese and mayo. I enjoyed this A LOT because it reminded me of my breakfast in Primary School! And these were pretty filling.
- Carrot Cake: A classic carrot cake with walnuts, pineapple and cream cheese. I wish they gave me an entire slice of it though. This portion.. makes my palate feels stripteased. I NEED MORE.
- Mango Diva: Light mango yogurt mousse on a moist base of red date and walnut cake. This was not available on the day, and they replaced it with an Orange Chocolate Cake. Orange and Chocolate, what combination can actually beat that?
- Apple Cinnamon Crumble: Cute little tarts filled with spiced apple and powdered sugar sprinkle. I thought that the base was a little too crumbly for my liking, but nevertheless, the combination of the ingredients cannot go wrong!
- Peanut Butter Macaron: Peanut butter and chocolate cream sandwiched between orange blossom shells. Uh peanut what? HOW DARE YOU SERVE THIS TO A PEANUT BUTTER FANATIC?! Haha! The taste of peanut butter was unfortunately muted by the other components. It was a very sad macaron experience for me.
- Almond Biscotti: A traditional Italian Cookie made with the infusion of coffee. What a refreshing change to the textures on the second tier. After all that mush from the mousse and cake, I want something crunchy and crisp. This biscotti hit just the right note!
- Chocolate Eclair: An eclair is a perfect eclair if it is filled with chocolate mousse, instead of cream. This was the perfect eclair. SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS.
- Raisin Scones, served with spreads of strawberry jam and homemade orange peel mascarpone. The only complaint I had for this dish? IT IS TOO FILLING.
Last bu not the least, Verrine: RUm and passionfruit syrup-soaked sponge with fresh orange, whipping cream and chocolate pearls. What a refreshing and creative dish, it was just like a BONUS dish after I devoured every single item in the three tiers.
This Afternoon Tea is only available from 2 February to 30 April 2015. You still have ONE MORE MONTH to enjoy this! For diners turning 25 this year, O’Coffee Club has a surprise for you! In conjunction with their 25th Anniversary, this set can be yours for just $25++ instead of $28++. What a steal!
For manly men who think that having afternoon tea is not your thing, because it is a feminine and dainty business, the spread at O’Coffee Club will definitely quell your voracious appetite. Now you know what to do when your girlfriends ask you out to have High Tea with them. One word of advice from explodingbelly, for the sake of your bellies, skip lunch for this. HAHA!
Your afternoons just don’t get better than this! Head on down to O’Coffee Club soon to enjoy this affordable deal! Lastly, thank you O’Coffee Club for the media invite!
Only available at Selected Outlets:
- Raffles Shopping Centre
- Wheelock Place (K2)
- Millenia Walk
- Wisma Astria
- Changi Airport T3