Since explodingbelly has semi-graduated and is on her holidays now, it’s time for her to hone her skills in the kitchen, like where women belong (bitch pls). As I’m a horribly lazy and unskilled cook, who only knows how to oven bake my salmon and chicken breast, and fry some vegetables, I’m constantly looking out for ways that allows me to have good food in a most convenient manner.
This is the first post of BellyCooks. It’s a lie because it’s not really cooking. Nonetheless, this is for all of you lazy people out there. Don’t be ashamed, it’s something WE should be proud of because all the lazy people are the ones coming up with technology to make our lives easier right? Like..
WHY INVENT THE WASHING MACHINE WHEN YOU CAN WASH YOUR CLOTHES BY HAND? LAZY.
WHY INVENT THE STOVE WHEN YOU CAN RUB STONES AND SET A FIRE TO COOK? LAZY.
WHY GO OUT AND BUY ICE CREAM WHEN YOU CAN JUST USE ONE INGREDIENT TO MAKE IT, AND IT’S ALL NATURAL AND HEALTHIER. Now, that’s something different eh?
All you need is just 1 frozen banana. You know some times you buy a bunch of bananas just for that ONE TIME craving then you just don’t feel like eating them any more, and they become all ripe and blackish gross? I.E.
Don’t force yourself to eat them.
3. Blend. It may take several tries. It may first look like this:
As you can see, I have to use a spoon to gather them all in the middle because I used a blender, and they get spun to the side quite often. Don’t be dismayed when you see them in chunks, because if you continue blending, you’ll be surprised.
4. Blend SOME MORE.
It actually looks ridiculously smoother and creamier than this, but I forgot to snap a shot before scooping it up. So I plopped the spoonful of ice cream back to the blender, hence it’s a little ugly. You’ll be shocked at how the little chunks just becomes a creamy mess in a blink of an eye. I AM SERIOUS. TRY IT.
Tada! Pardon the low quality pictures because… I used my phone to take it! It’s a lot more convenient than using my camera!
5. Scoop it all up and put it back into the freezer for about 1 to 2 hours! You can actually eat them straight but freezing it again gives it a more creamy and ice creamy texture! It’s NOT AT ALL icy. Feels and tastes better than some of the ice cream at the ice cream cafes even.
6. You are DONE with your ice cream, and you can feel free to ADD ANY TOPPING YOU WANT! In fact, you can blend your ice cream with ANYTHING, like vanilla essence, chocolate chip, matcha powder, or peanut butter!
I topped my banana ice cream with GRANOLA from Amazin’Graze!
A little about Amazin’Grace before I swoon over my own ice cream:
They are a start=up from Malaysia with a aim to enable people in Asia to have access to healthy, delicious and affordable treats – like their homemade, all natural GRANOLA. There are no sugar, salt, artificial coloring and preservatives in their snacks at all. And trust me, if it’s not good, I won’t blog about it.
I’ve tried the:
1. Berry-licious Trail mix (S$5.83): blend of mulberries, cranberries, black raisins, walnuts, almonds and pepitas. – I’d think this would be a good midday snack as compared to that BAG OF LAYS CHIPS YOU ALL HOLDING ON TO.
– This is the one with the orange sticker
2. Blueberry Goji Coconut Granola ($9.77): Granola with berries, chia seeds, coconut, almonds and cashews
– My eyes lit up when I took the first piece out. My gosh. This tastes AMAZING(race). HAHA! Wow. I was impressed
I haven’t tried the other 2 flavors, namely the:
3. Limited Edition World Peace Granola ($9.77) consisting of maple, pecans, almonds, puffed millet, summer fruits and dark chocolate chips. Sounds damn good.
4. Hazelnut Breakfast Granola ($9.77): Dark chocolate granola made from oats, buckwheat and chia seeds with added cherries and cranberries. BASICALLY A GUILT FREE CHOCOLATE SNACK.
Here’s the Berrylicious trail mix and blueberry goji coconut granola on my banana ice cream! Seriously wholesome and delicious.
And a word of advice, if you do not want your ice cream to be overly sweet like mine, PLEASE DON’T USE OVERLY RIPE BANANAS! Hahaha! And the granola is really, really GOOD.
The prices of the products are taken off their online store, which you can find here and they DO ship to Singapore! Do contact them for more details!